Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Waiting For the Dawn


In the darkness,

We're extraordinary

In the light,

We are ordinary

We may fight the monsters

And save the world

But at dawn

We're just another boy and girl.

 

So we fight back to back

As the sky turns to black

And the monsters come out to play

Dreading the coming of day

 

In the darkness,

We're extraordinary

In the light,

We are ordinary

We may fight the monsters

And save the world

But at dawn

We're just another boy and girl.

 

One heart made of two

My life is forever

Linked to you

How can I live

If I take, but do not give?

How can I love

When you are all I can think of?

 

In the darkness,

We're extraordinary

In the light,

We are ordinary

We may fight the monsters

And save the world

But at dawn

We're just another boy and girl.

 

The fight was vicious,

The end was sharp

The coming dawn

Breaks my heart

I don't want this to end

I don't want to lose my best friend

 

But for now, there's nothing we can do

Time has slowed to a crawl

It's just me and you

Waiting for the dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment