Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Tracks to Nowhere

I fake a smile and wave as you board the train
'Cause at the back of my mind, I've been dreading this day
I guess I've always known, some people go, some people stay
Now I'm standing on the platform, and you're so far away
 
Oooh,
Train, train, travelling,
I try not to cry
Train, train, travelling,
I thought you were mine
Train, train, endless tracks,
Where do they go?
Train, train, travelling,
Nobody knows...
 
I take a moment and turn to walk away
A little voice in my mind, says don't you wish she'd stayed
But I block it out and keep on walking, the lonely road home
I thought I knew, but I don't know, oh oh oh
 
Oooh, ooh
Train, train, travelling,
Further from me
Train, train, travelling,
I'm trying to breathe
Train, train, endless seats,
I sit here alone
Train, train, all I want
Is to go home
 
Train, train
Keep on going
Train, train
I hate not knowing
Train, train
Oooh, oooh
 
Some people go,
Some people stay
Sometimes we love,
Sometimes we hate
People are so complicated
This endless change is so frustrating
Why can't it just all stay the same?
 
I just thought you'd be the one who stayed
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry,
I didn't know
I fake a smile and pretend that I'm okay
'Cause at the back of my mind, I've been waiting for this day
I guess we've always known, most people go, and you can't stay
Now I'm standing on the platform
Watching you fade away

No comments:

Post a Comment