Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Beautiful Days

Snow’s starting to fall outside
I’ve forgotten to wrap up warm, I’m perched up high
Sitting at the top of an old climbing frame
Reading my book while the bigger kids play
 
I’m too scared to go over and say hello
I made that mistake before, many years ago
So now I keep my distance, it’s better this way
And while they laugh and talk together, I turn a page
 
There were beautiful days
But on my own it didn’t seem so fine
I thought I was okay
Now I see there’s much more to life
Than being so scared of landing,
That I never tried to fall
So many beautiful days,
And I lost them all
 
Days fall like the autumn leaves tumble to the ground
I wish I could’ve told myself, the things I know now
Summer means sunlight, but I’m sitting in a shadow
I swear that I’m fine, so no-one can know
That I’d wouldn’t sit here alone, if there was any other way
But no-one wants to play with me, so I’ll waste another beautiful day…
 
There were beautiful days
But on my own it didn’t seem so fine
I thought I was okay
Now I see there’s much more to life
Than being so scared of landing,
That I never tried to fall
So many beautiful days,
And I lost them all
 
I’ve never been the kind of girl
Who wallows in regret
But something about those beautiful days
I just can’t forget
 
There were beautiful days…
I saw them fall away…
Falling, falling, falling away
Mmm, mmm
Those beautiful days
 
I’m walking down the hallway, wishing I could hide
It’s my first day, I’m scared out of my mind
Here, in this new country, for seven more years I'll stay
Now I’m dawdling and fidgeting and eyeing my new classmates
 
I think of all my fears, all the hurt that I have known
But I think that I’m too tired to spend another day alone
No more keeping my distance, this is a new page
So I take a deep breath, and turn to walk their way…
 
The rain is pattering down outside
In the window, I see a reflection, of the secrets I have to hide
Yeah, there are grey clouds today
But by tomorrow, the sun’ll wash them all away
It’s gonna be a beautiful day
 
 
Mmm…
A beautiful day
All the things I couldn’t say

It’s gonna be the most beautiful day…

No comments:

Post a Comment