Thursday, 10 December 2015

once i wrote a song (called brave)

Once I wrote a song called brave
Now I think that I’m a coward
And taking the coward’s way
Doesn’t make me less afraid
Just no longer brave
 
Don’t send me back there again
Oh please just let me pretend
That everything’s just fine
That every wrong will right
That I can sleep tonight
(That I can close my eyes)
 
Once I wrote a song called brave
Now I think that I’m afraid
Once I’d stand and fight
But my eyes have lost their light
And I no longer know
How to be brave
 
If I slipped, how long would it take
For me to fall, for me to break
For these shards to find their way
To wherever redemption waits
If there’s anything left to save
I hope you’ll find me there.
 
Once I wrote a song called brave
Now I hang my head
For in the end
I walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment